Living With More Ease.
Recently I’ve been exploring living with more ease, mulling it over, trying to work out what ‘ease’ means for me and why I’ve felt so motivated to move towards it in recent years.
My dictionary defines ‘ease’ as the absence of difficulty, effort or trouble. Or to make something less serious or severe, to soften, soothe or relieve.
Many friends and clients are interested in achieving the same. They want to live their lives in a calm, balanced, healthy, and meaningful way. However, many are feeling trapped in a world which is busy, fast paced and often filled with demands, deadlines and little personal time. Life seems like a struggle and a high level of stress is the norm, often damaging relationships, impacting health and reducing productivity.
I’m not suggesting opting out of professional life, rather having a better one. Most of us want and need to continue to work and have successful, enjoyable careers, but want to do it with more ease. To achieve this, we need to adjust our mindset, our perspective of life and work, prioritize what we spend our time on and identify ways to adapt. Your journey to a life of ease won’t happen overnight, however, if this is what you want, then set an intention to move towards it. Set an intention, and then pay attention to making it happen.
8 Steps to Living with More Ease
- Write your Personal Mission Statement. This will help you get clear on what you want to be and do and help you work out who and what’s important to you. (Your values and priorities.) Focus your time on your priority areas.
- Easy does it. You don’t need to be ‘on’ all the time. Switch off and relax, do things gently. Choose not to be a slave to social media, emails etc. Be selective and say no to doing things that are not important or not enjoyable. Replace with quiet time to reflect, meditate, listen to your intuition and get clear on what’s important to you.
- Simplification. Less possessions, less chaos, less clutter, less TV and social media, fewer unnecessary purchases that you don’t really need. Embrace simplicity and you’ll feel lighter and freer and have less stuff to take care of.
- Circle of Influence. Focus on the things you can impact and influence. Resist getting distracted by the things outside your control. It’s just a waste of time and energy.
- Stop Comparing. Social media has given us a window into other people’s lives and caused us to compare our lives with those of our friends and acquaintances. Decide not to waste precious energy focusing on other peoples’ lives. Just pay attention to enjoying your own.
- Be Mindful. Try to live more in the present moment, rather than being stuck in the past or being too focused on the future. Resist multitasking, be present and you’ll feel happier and more productive.
- Eat, Sleep, Move. Make it a priority to follow a nutritious diet, take regular exercise and get quality sleep. These are basic building blocks for a healthy and active life. Regular walking in nature can have a tremendous positive impact on overall health and well-being
- Self-Compassion. Be warm and understanding towards yourself when you suffer, fail, or feel inadequate, rather than being self-critical.
If you’d like to find out more about moving towards a life with more ease or want support in achieving it, please contact me to schedule time to talk.