Are you thinking about working with a coach?
Perhaps you need help to achieve a goal, resolve a challenge or create a new direction for your life and you’re wondering if you should hire a coach.
Here are a few of the many reasons working with a coach could be a very good move and help you transform your life.
A coach, unlike some family and friends:
- Has no pre-conceived ideas about you
- Has no personal agenda in working with you
- Is 100% focused on you and what you want to achieve
- Is confidential
- Creates a safe space for you to be honest and open without fear of being judged.
- Has specialist training and expertise to help you through complex situations
- Will help you tap into your motivation and build plans, take action and make changes
- If you wish, your coach will hold you accountable for taking action.
If you are tempted to hire a coach consider the following:
- Check out a few different coaches – which ones do you feel drawn to work with.
- Arrange a complimentary consultation with the coaches (most coaches offer a 20-30 minutes free consultation). This is a chemistry check to see if you have a good connection and answer any questions you have.
- Ask for a copy of their terms of engagement. (How they work, what they charge, their cancellation policy etc.)
- Ask about the coaches training and experience level. Are they accredited by a coaching organisation (International Coaching Federation, Association for Coaching, European Mentoring and Coaching Council, etc.)
- Review testimonials from other people they have coached. (Usually on the website). You may also want to check out their LinkedIn profile.
I highly recommend working with a coach. My own experience of having a coach was transformational for me and that’s why I trained to become one myself. I know the power of coaching and now enjoy bringing coaching to many more people.